We’re Edenspiekermann, a leading agency for brand development, service design, and digital products & services. We are 100 designers, developers, researchers, writers, creators and makers from more than 18 nations. With offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Los Angeles and Singapore, we work with international clients like Red Bull, FontShop, Zeit Online, the NZZ and Time Inc.
We concept and build websites and web applications, and we currently need some extra hands (and preferably at least one head) to assist us with backend development in our Berlin office.
When coding with us you'll wirk with…
- Other great developers, who care about the things they build and make a point of fitting in things like code reviews and co-learning
- Super skilled designers, who know that a design is more than just a surface and who are always open to good ideas (yes, also from developers)
- Any tools and services help us get the job done well, such as Rails, Node.js, linters, Github, NPM, Heroku, Codeship, Rollbar, Contentful – to name a diverse few
- Interesting projects
- Agile workflows (mostly Scrum) and respect towards work/life balance
- Responsive design, accessibility optimisation and much, much more
We'd need for you to...
- have a solid understanding in the Node.js universe (npm, ES6 modules) as well as in Ruby and related tools (gems, bundler, rvm)
- be proficient in building real world applications and RESTful APIs with Node.js-based frameworks (like Express or Hapi) or Ruby on Rails
- have a knack for scalable web application architecture
- have experience with test driven development and agile development practices
- care about web security, performance and scaleability for web applications and APIs
- be able to work with different databases and data stores: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- be comfortable with Git and Github
- want to come work in our office together with the rest of the team
We'd love it if you...
- have some server setup and management skills (don’t worry – you won’t be a sysadmin, we Heroku)
- know how to use and configure AWS Services (RDS, S3, Cloudfront, …) and CI services (Codeship)
- are interested in applying modern API-centric approaches in our projects like GraphQL or serverless architectures
- have some CSS/Sass and HTML skills
- enjoy working in small, cross-competency teams
- feel comfortable working directly with our client teams across the globe
- value agile processes and think they are key to a project's success
- speak German (although English is the main language)
- are just a really nice human being
We don’t believe there’s such a thing as perfect code, but we know that there’s damn good solutions to a lot of problems. If you’d like to help us in searching out the best ones and you recognize yourself in the above, get in touch.
We would love to grab a beverage of your choice and discuss our future together. You'd help us make a faster decision, if you provide some sample code or a GitHub repository.
Since we're pretty sure we'll find someone ourselves, please no recruiters.Apply now