Want to lead a team that helps Fortune 100 companies, public entities (cities, transportation, healthcare, etc.) and lifestyle brands transform their businesses through innovative digital products and services? Our clients include Red Bull, Google, Mercedes-Benz, and Credit Karma to name a few. We’re looking for a Director of Development with proven leadership skills to join and build our engineering team at our LA office. Interested? Read on.
About the role
Full-time role on-site at our LA office in DTLA.
- This is a leadership role and the candidate should have experience in leading a team of developers—no lone wolves please.
- Candidates are expected to have experience in making well-informed technical decisions for project kick-offs.
- The candidate should have excellent people skills and be able to represent Edenspiekermann both to clients and spearheading technical discussions.
- Take responsibility for mentoring junior developers and recruiting new talent.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Content Management Systems (bonus points for experience with Contentful or other Headless CMS platforms).
- Demonstrated fluency in modern CSS, including using preprocessors. Experience with implementing responsive grid-based layouts from scratch.
- Have experience with Git and code collaboration in teams.
- 8+ years leading teams.
- You value simplicity over cleverness.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with some Node, Ruby, PHP, or other backend technology.
- You appreciate the infinite possibilities working with world-class designers.
We would love to grab a beverage of your choice and discuss our future together. Please provide some sample code or a GitHub repository.Apply now