We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven digital design intern to join our Amsterdam team.
As our Digital Design Intern, you’ll be involved with a range of projects ranging from service and UX design to visual design and brand/communication depending on your skillset and goals. We’re looking for someone who can connect disciplines to create stunning, user-centric digital experiences and services, someone who enjoys tackling complex problems, and designing smart and simple solutions. You’ll help to push and elevate ideas with your design skills and ability to think outside the box. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, a passion for design, and an enthusiasm to learn and collaborate with a tight-knit team.
You’ll work for a broad range of projects across industries and clients, including the European Space Agency, Elsevier, Faraday, Schiphol, European Investment Bank, and Alcon
We are looking for portfolios with relevant experience or work in digital products or services. Whether your skillset and portfolio is more focused on visual, UX or service design, your internship can be adapted to what you’d like to focus on during your time here.
Starting date internship: from September 2021
EU passport required
Only fully registered students may apply
- You must be a registered student at the time of application and throughout the length of your internship
- You must be available for 3 - 6 months
- Already graduated? Check out our vacancies on our careers page
Depending on your skillset and where you would like to focus during your internship, core activities may include:
- Conducting research through interviews and desk research, with the ability to break it down into key insights
- Creating user flows and customer journeys, translating them into wireframes and quick prototypes
- Sketching and iterating quickly to come up with innovative concepts, testing and validating your ideas
- Designing for digital applications from websites to apps, translating research, user journeys, and wireframes to high-level finished designs
- Connecting UI/UX and brand/communication to create stunning visual interfaces
- Working in a structured, detailed way with the ability to communicate and articulate your ideas clearly
- Digital experience is a requirement
- Ability to develop original ideas and execute them into considered designs
- A passion for all things digital and interactive
- Strong typography, layout, and data visualization skills
- Motion and UX skills are not a requirement but a plus
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, but have your own visual style
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Have a go-getter attitude but can be flexible and adapt
- Motivated to push, challenge, improve – you are not afraid to speak your opinion
- Eager and enthusiastic to keep learning and developing your skills
- Endless curiosity and a good sense of humor – we like to have fun in the office!
- Figma and Sketch
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Prototyping tools: Invision, Principle, etc.
- Motion skills (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro) – not a requirement but a big bonus
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English
- Dutch language is not a requirement
What we offer
- An active role in our small, driven design team.
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to see through projects from start to finish.
- A dedicated mentor to guide you and push your development throughout your internship.
- A fair internship wage, free lunches, snacks, and Friday drinks
- Casual, fun office culture with regular events
- Drinks and events are limited during Covid, but we still find opportunities for social things in ways that are possible!
- Free use of our office bike