We’re Edenspiekermann, a leading agency for brand development, service design, and digital products & services. We are over 100 designers, developers, researchers, writers, creators and makers from more than 18 nations. With offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Singapore, we work with international clients like Red Bull, FontShop, Zeit Online, the City of Amsterdam and Time Inc.
To assist our busy backend developers in Berlin, we’re looking for some extra hands (and preferably at least one head) to join us in concepting and building websites and web applications.
When coding with us, here’s what (and who) you’ll work with:
- other great developers who care about the things they build and make a point of fitting in things like code reviews and co-learning
- skilled designers who know that a design is more than just a surface, and who are always open to good ideas (yes, from developers too)
- any tools and services help us get the job done well, like Rails, Node.js, linters, Github, NPM, Heroku, Codeship, Rollbar, Contentful—to name just a diverse few
- interesting projects
- agile workflows (mostly scrum) and respect for work/life balance
- responsive design, accessibility optimization and much, much more
And here’s what we’d like from you:
- a solid understanding in Ruby and related tools (gems, bundler, rvm)
- proficiency in building real world applications and RESTful APIs with Ruby on Rails
- you enjoy continuously working on and improving a complex web application
- experience with test driven development and agile development practices
- you care about web security, performance and scalability for web applications and APIs
- you’re able to work with different databases and data stores: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- comfortable with Git and Github
- and, last but not last, that you want to work in our office together with the rest of the team
Plus, you get bonus points if you:
- have some server setup and management skills (don’t worry – you won’t be a sysadmin, we ❤️ Heroku)
- know how to use and configure AWS Services (RDS, S3, Cloudfront, …) and CI services (Codeship)
- have some CSS/Sass and HTML skills
- enjoy working in small, cross-competency teams
- feel comfortable working directly with our client teams across the globe
- value agile processes and think they’re key to a project's success
- speak German (although English is the main language)
- are just a really nice human being
We don’t believe there’s such a thing as perfect code, but we know that there’s really good solutions to a lot of problems. If you’d like to help us in searching out the best ones, and you recognize yourself in the above, get in touch. We’d love to meet you and discuss our future together.
P.S. You'll help us make a faster decision if you provide some sample code or a GitHub repository.
And, one more thing: we’re confident about finding the right person for this role ourselves, so please, no recruiters.Apply now