Edenspiekermann is a global design firm operating at the intersection of digital, branding and content. We build websites and apps from front to back-end for awesome brands like Red Bull, FontShop and The Economist.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our digital team at our Los Angeles office. If you’re interested, read on!
What you can expect
- Work alongside our developers on complex large-scale web projects and handle small-to-medium projects on your own.
- Collaborate with our super skilled designers, who know that design is more than just a surface and are always open to good ideas (yes, also from developers).
- Use whichever tools help us get the job done well. We love React, Webpack, Git/Github, and Contentful, to name a few. But we also know there’s no “Silver Bullet” when it comes to technology choices.
- 8+ years development experience, including working in teams.
- Experience spearheading and executing technical projects, discussions and implementations.
- Have experience with Git and code collaboration in teams.
- Demonstrated fluency in modern HTML and CSS, including using preprocessors.
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems (Bonus points for experience with Contentful or other Headless CMS platforms).
- Experience with implementing responsive grid-based layouts from scratch.
- Excellent personable skills - representing the company and brands in a highly professional manner.
- Excellent at client relations and leading technical discussions with corporate executives.
- You value simplicity over cleverness.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with some Node, Ruby, PHP, or other backend technology.
- You appreciate the infinite possibilities working with world-class designers.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of the above, and we know the modern web development landscape changes quickly. Most importantly, you should be eager to learn and appreciate being challenged.
All applications must provide sample code or a link to a GitHub/BitBucket/etc repo. Only applicants authorized to work in the US will be considered. And no recruiters, please! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!